Saturday, April 4, 2015

Well

Yeah, okay, I got distracted. I did manage to paint an Easter bunny and do another couch to 5k workout, but I did very little contract work. I got up my self pub short because I am on a six day streak and I will not lose it!

Wow, blanked out for a second there. I'm tired. Anyway, where was I? Oh, yeah, I also made an ice cream cake for tomorrow. I love ice cream cakes. They're super easy to make. You toss together a graham cracker crust with crushed graham crackers and butter, then mix ice cream and whipped cream for the filling. Well, there are steps and everything involved, but it's pretty simple. Look it up!

Today was a classic example of why I need to start working in the morning or else I'll be useless all day. I sat down at my computer after breakfast, but then my sister wandered in looking for something to do and since she's not over very often I suggested painting. So I shut down my writing computer and didn't get back to it until around, I don't know, ten? I then proceeded to watch T.V. shows instead of writing.

I think it's an inertia thing. Once I get started writing it's easier to continue, and the easiest time to get started is in the morning when I'm beginning my day. Honestly, I barely scraped out that short for publishing tonight, and only because I'm so desperate not to lose that streak. I said I would put out one a day for a hundred days, dammit!

I'm really getting blurry here. I think I need to go to sleep. Will add up and contemplate weekly numbers tomorrow. Assuming I'm not sugar high from Easter.

Word count: 2,500

No comments:

Post a Comment