Saturday, March 28, 2015

Snoring Saturday

Today I decided to make this blog. I want a way to keep track of my daily word counts so I can better assess my averages, and this blog seems like as good a way to do it as any. I’ll record my daily word counts and maybe some musings on freelance life in general.

Who am I? I’m a full time freelance writer who self publishes on the side. My bread and butter is fiction. I love story telling. I don’t even care what medium I use as long as I get to tell a damn good story.

Non-fiction is not my forte, as you’ve probably figured out by now. I’m hoping this blog will also help me improve in sounding less awkward when I’m writing as myself instead of as a princess as she fearlessly battles dragons to save her kingdom.

I’m thinking I’ll write these blog posts last thing before I go to bed as my way to cap off the day and assessed what I’ve managed to accomplish. That sounds plenty fancy, right?

Let’s start with today: Today was a slooow day. I woke up, wrote a little about werewolves, made myself work on some revisions I really didn’t want to do, then visited with family for the rest of the day. I got back to my writing computer around eleven p.m. and tried to get a little done. Poked at revisions and pouted, mostly. (Have I mentioned that I hate revisions?)


Word Count: Probably about 1,000 words. I’ll try to keep better track tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment